"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child' Cicero
As humans we are created to be in relationship with one another. In South Africa, however, we are still feeling the effects of apartheid. A system which promoted the dehumanisation, degradation, a lack of respect and the segregation of many South Africans. This system affected relationships between all South Africans and has resulted in a situation where many ordinary people are still struggling to break down old habits and belief systems.
Learn to Earn has taken the valuable inter-cultural relational lessons learnt in the organisation since 1998 and the result is The Encounter course – a real and important tool for revolutionising relationships.
The Encounter is:
- A programme designed for corporate teams to interact, grow and experience each other's differences and similarities.
- A practical programme that helps to establish understanding, communication and difference through the interpretation of symbols, actions and speech.
- A 'safe space' to identify and work through stereotypical beliefs/reactions we have towards others based on our racial and/or ethnic assumptions.
- A celebration where we have come from and to look forward to where we must go.
The Encounter's mission is:
To increase understanding of ourselves, our respective cultures and their uniqueness – the ways we interact with one another. Consequently to develop a level of consideration that moves participants beyond the negatives of the past towards better relationships.
Areas covered include:
- Interpersonal awakening: understanding your culture, my culture and the impact we have on each other
- The Experience: walk in another person's shoes
For further information please contact Learn to Earn Head Office on +27 21 671 2230