Learn to Earn Vacancies
Learn to Earn (LtE) is a Christian organization which seeks to develop people, especially unemployed people, socially, economically, emotionally and spiritually.
The following vacancies are available at Learn to Earn
Basic Sewing Skills - Training Room Assistant
• Minimum Grade 12.
• Passionate about developing the unemployed and eradicating the legacies of injustice;
• A basic understanding of how adults develop and learn.
• Should have attended a Basic Sewing Course with at least 2 years experience in the Sewing Industry, particularly in garment construction.
• A relevant Training Certification (Advantageous);
• Basic Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite;
• Strong Communication Skills (fluency and ability to teach in English supported by fluency in isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans would be beneficial);
• The ability to work inter-culturally and work within diverse cross-cultural contexts
• Ability to work under pressure and make things happen (self-motivated).
• Attention to detail and process orientated;
• Flexibility and creativity.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Member/regular attendance of local evangelical church.
Type of Employment:
Fixed Term Contract – 6 months. Starting date: January 2018
Please visit www.learntoearn.org.za for more information on our work and vision to eradicate unemployment in South Africa.
The closing date for applications will be 20 October 2017 @3.30pm. Should you not be contacted within 90 days of the application deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The following apply to all Learn to Earn jobs:
• Hold to LtE's statement of faith and be an active member of an evangelical church.
• Be in possession of a relevant qualification and relevant Certificate or Diploma (if applying for a Training position) as a facilitator.
• Have at least 5 years' experience working in training environment (if applying for a Training position)
• Working knowledge of the SETA environment.
• Excellent English communication and report writing skills.
• Good computer skills.
• Knowledge of Xhosa would be beneficial.
• Ability to work inter-culturally.
• To participate in weekly staff devotions and prayer meetings, the staff language programme "Word-a-day", and the weekly services.
• To participate in the employer's Annual Staff Retreat. We go away for a weekend.
• To participate in the employer's Annual Report Back Meeting which is held on a Saturday.
• To be co-responsible for the continued development of the employer.
• To endorse and promote the employer's Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Statement of Principles.
• Staff development in the field of focus will be offered from time to time. To enrol in a systematic theological educational programme would be encouraged. The possibility exists that as a staff we may do an in-house course on the theological basis for holistic ministry.
• To promote the employer and obtain financial support therefore.
• Outside of the employee's above responsibilities the employee will be expected to do things that fall outside of the ambit of their job description, such as sweeping, cleaning, covering for and helping other staff. This is a team ministry.
• The current normal work hours are 08h00 to 16h30 on Monday to Thursday and 08h00 to 15h30 on a Friday
• Teatime will be from 10H30 to 11H00. Lunchtime will be taken from 13H00 to 13H30 daily.
• These hours are subject to change at the Director's discretion.
• Occasionally you may be required to attend activities outside of the above hours. This would not be considered overtime.