LtE supports a group of extraordinary entrepreneurs who have the potential to transform their communities through their hard work and dedication. We currently have a range of potential entrepreneurs who have indicated a desire to participate in the E³ program. Their ideas range from a day-care centre, an amusement centre and an idea to make and sell children's aprons.
Through a rigorous, multi-step 3-6 month long selection process, the E³ department screens entrepreneurs who have completed an LtE training course. Those candidates with exceptional, high-impact potential ideas are then further interviewed before presenting their business plans to our Business Selection Panel, comprising of LtE board members and LtE management.
The programme selects South Africans of all ages, ethnicities and educational backgrounds. It sends a message to the communities we work in, that through hard work, creativity and values-driven leadership, individuals living anywhere, from any background, can turn an entrepreneurial idea into a sustainable business.
Interested Learn to Earn graduates who would like to apply for the mentorship programme should meet ALL of the following selection criteria.
- Be a South African from a previously disadvantaged population group
- Have completed or are currently completing a Learn to Earn course
- Be in their LtE trainer's opinion sufficiently equipped to be a successful entrepreneur in their chosen industry
- Show the initiative/interest in running their own business or have proven experience in running an enterprise already.
- Be entrepreneurially minded, capable, proactive, willing to learn and be able to communicate efficiently & effectively